Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Question maybe you can help me with maybe not. My son was in

Customer Question

Question maybe you can help me with maybe not.
My son was in a car accident with a rental. He had declined insurance and had discover card picked it up . To make a long story short-He went to court for the ticket (575$ Lawyer fee) case was dismissed. Insurance paid 6794.83 for Damage. I am being billed remaining 1621.29. (towing and storage / diminishement of value / loss of use / admin fees-can fwd you detailed bill) I want to know if I have negotiating room to ask them to wave Admin fee and loss of use fee and maybe even diminishement of value fee. If so how should I go about it? They came down to 1200K already. Maybe I should just pay it and move on? Do you have any experience with this? Usually Insurance damage is “industry” billed and they already recouped more then they laid out….
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Nj Howell township
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes after police report / ticket and court case his ticket was dissmised
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He keeps getting letters from the party whose car he hit lawyers-His case was dismissed and he had liability with car rental company-should he just ignore those letters?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about the accident.

Why is anyone billing you for an accident that your son was in? Did you pay for the rental car? Did you sign something agreeing to be responsible?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They are billing him-I am handling it for him........

OK, thank you. I'm happy to call you, but have received a notification from customer service that there's a problem with your payment. Please contact them to work that out so we can proceed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can we continue tp talk now
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my 31$ went through can we continue
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
anyone home?

Thank you for updating that. I'm afraid I'm going to half to opt out, as it is the middle of my lunch time and it appears that you need immediate assistance. Good luck, and have a good day.