Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Wingard i live in Troy AlaBama, the Question i have more

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** i live in Troy AlaBama, the Question i have more Political than anything else, its long and complicated, i feel that we who live in District #5 has been treated unfair concerning the last election.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: at this time no, it just happon last knight at the at the city council meeting, its a very long story, there has been other things that lead up to this, we just had an election and the that won the election died befor she had a chance to start servicing her term, they gave us the peoples of District #5 to give them a name to replace her, they just came up at the council meeting last knight, as i said early this is something that been coming from lots of thing that has happon in the pass, such as each council member select there own person to service on the school Board, they took that right from her because he the school Board member reported that the supertended had miss used a school credit card, that has been reported. here in Troy we have five Dristict, the last election there was collage studen allow to vote in local election, i dont think that should have happon , eight years ago the mayor then did not allow the studen to vote in local election, by the collage Studen voting it gave them the mayor the upper hand on who he wonted to hold that seat in district #1 which is a black district, now by the action that he took last knight he control both of the black district, Mrs Dejerilyn King Henderson was the council women that died befor she could start her second term as city council for district #5, i hope this makes sense to the reader.
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: the State of ALABAMA
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: it has been going on for so i retired from the city of Troy as a Public Works Director for seventeen years i was call in the mayor office with the city clerk the city Attorney and the mayor, the mayor said to me, that i had turned 60 sixty years old and i needed to find me another job, to put plain i was fired and was never explain as to why i was fired, i could tell you about others.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 25 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What does your city charter say about replacing members of the council, that is the first thing you need to answer? Does it say that they have the right to appoint a replacement or do they have to call a special election?