Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I'm wanting to get a divorce My husband is arrested for

Customer Question

I'm wanting to get a divorce My husband is arrested for sexual conduct with his daughter and 1st degree inceast I have children and I want out of the marriage
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I live in sc
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No I just want divorce
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a way I can get divorce with out waiting a year and file for myself because of the charges he is being charged with
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have children and I do not want them harmed also been separated since the February of this year
Expert:  Roger replied 1 month ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Under South Carolina law, S.C. Code § 20-3-10, S.C. Code § 20-3-10, there are four are considered fault grounds: adultery; habitual drunkenness or narcotics abuse; physical cruelty and one year’s desertion. If you have any grounds under this statute, a divorce an be obtained within 90 days.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 month ago.

If there are no grounds, then the only way to get a divorce is to be separated for at least 1 year.