Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

What options do I have to get florida prepaid monies back

Customer Question

what options do I have to get florida prepaid monies back from school that filed bankruptcy and closed?
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 24 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid there is very bad news about this. Once they filed bankruptcy all of the debts they owed were extinguished. So I am sorry to say that unless you filed a proof of claim to at least stand in line to see if any money was left from paying all of the creditors owed money before you, there is legally no chance of recovery. You cannot sue them as all of these debts were discharged in bankruptcy, so there is nothing you can do to get your money except call the bankruptcy court trustee who handled the bankruptcy to see if they set up a student refund fund (most times they do not have one, but you can contact the trustee and find out).
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Thanks for the response. Although not what I wanted to hear I appreciate the prompt response.
Thank you for your reply.