Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I"M on L&I, because of a brain tumor. I'm on MY son"s

Customer Question

I"M on L&I , because of a brain tumor. I'm on MY son"s checks. He wants to stat a business. I need to be on it so if he has a problem I can do the bill paying and thins . I wonder how this would effect My ?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Washington.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 29 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
It would not effect your L&I if the income from his business is not your income. Just because you are on his check does not mean his income from his business is your business. Thus, his income would not impact your L&I payments.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.