Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Need advice on revking existing will and creating new one,

Customer Question

Need advice on revking existing will and creating new one
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: NY
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not sure most likely no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Need to disinherit a child
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

,.

You can revoke any existing will simply by destroying the original and any copies and notifying the executor that you have done so.

.

Then you can simply have a new will drafted to replace it. Every will starts out by stating that it is revoking any prior wills so that there is only one valid will at a time. Once you have the will drafted to say what you want, you have it signed, dated, and witnessed, then put it in a safe place and notify the executor that a new will exists.

.

.

thanks