legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
63726236

IAM AN AGENT IN A SMALL DELERSHIP AND I HAVE ABOUT 3

Customer Question

HI IAM AN AGENT IN A SMALL DELERSHIP AND I HAVE ABOUT 3 CUSTOMERS THAT OWE ME MONEY CAN I TAKE THEM TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT ? EACH AROUD 1K
JA: What damages are sought in this case?
Customer: PART OF THE DOWN DEPOSITS
JA: Because laws vary based on location, what state are you in?
Customer: FL
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: IT WAS A DEFFERRED DOWN PAYMENT AND THERE WAS A LIEN WITH A BANK LOAN SO I CANNOT REPO THE CAR
Expert:  legalgems replied 6 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this;

yes, a business can sue, based on "breach of contract" if a person fails to pay on the down payment as promised. Basically, the damages requested is the outstanding amount of the deposit, plus any interest allowed for in the contract, plus legal fees or court costs.

Each defendant would require a separate case, and the amount for each case is limited to $5,000.

Here is additional information:

http://www.flcourts.org/resources-and-services/family-courts/family-law-self-help-information/small-claims.stml

If the facts are similar, you may wish to hire an attorney to prepare the paperwork, and then just insert the relevant names for each case.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answer.
Thanks!