How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 24484
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have 4 th voilation one yerar probation for dwi i have no

Customer Question

i have 4 th voilation one yerar probation for dwi i have no money to hire attorny i have mental problem phycical and financial problem my court date is 10/08 2016 at 8 :30 i wand tell my problem to the judge but i get nevous and anitey at the court
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: in michigan
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: last three times i appeared two times send me to jail 7 days and45 dasy
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I went thru 30 days inpatient also IOP 6 weeks program aa meating we lost two cars in last three week with out trasportation i culdn't go to the AA and missed dr' appointmet 3days IOP program
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

If you are getting repeatedly thrown into jail for violating the terms of your probation, and you are too poor to afford an attorney, you are entitled to a free attorney. He or she would have to be appointed by the court, so you need to ask the judge for it. That way, you'd have a lawyer to explain your situation and to make an argument to the judge for your continued release.

When next you go to court, let the judge know you have not been able to afford a lawyer but need a public defender. He may ask you some questions about your income, but if hiring one would cause you severe financial hardship, he should appoint one. Otherwise, if you make enough money to hire a lawyer for your court appearance, you should try to do so. If you have documentable mental, physical, and financial problems, it may be that the terms of your sentence agreement can be renegotiated or some other accommodations made for your condition. But without a lawyer, you're unlikely to be able to succeed in getting that.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.