Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have several legal questions for Indiana. No. Do you have

Customer Question

I have several legal questions for Indiana.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do you have knowledge of Indiana Law?
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Expert:  Ray replied 27 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 27 days ago.

What questions can I help you with tonight??

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
In Indiana what is the legal definition of word wreckless used in Indiana courts as of 30 April 2009?
Expert:  Ray replied 27 days ago.

Criminal wreckless

Sec. 2. (a) A person who recklessly, knowingly, or intentionally performs an act that creates a substantial risk of bodily injury to another person commits criminal recklessness.  Except as provided in subsection (b), criminal recklessness is a Class B misdemeanor.

(b) The offense of criminal recklessness as defined in subsection (a) is:

(1) a Level 6 felony if:

(A) it is committed while armed with a deadly weapon;  or

(B) the person committed aggressive driving (as defined in IC 9-21-8-55) that results in serious bodily injury to another person;  or

(2) a Level 5 felony if:

(A) it is committed by shooting a firearm into an inhabited dwelling or other building or place where people are likely to gather;  or

(B) the person committed aggressive driving (as defined in IC 9-21-8-55) that results in the death of another person.

- See more at: http://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-35-criminal-law-and-procedure/in-code-sect-35-42-2-2.html#sthash.lr8vPkkY.dpuf

Expert:  Ray replied 27 days ago.

In the state of Indiana, reckless driving is defined as driving at an unreasonably high or low rate that endangers others or their property or impedes flow of traffic. Otherwise, reckless driving offenses include passing from the rear on a hill or curve, weaving in traffic or refusing to allow another driver to pass.

Expert:  Ray replied 27 days ago.

If you tell m e what this pertains to I can get you more definitions..