LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

A dental group is charging me for a services, crown and a

Customer Question

A dental group is charging me for a services, crown and a bridge that I never ordered. I was instructed by my dentist to make an appointment with her partner to take a better molding for the crown. The crown would be the base for the bridge. I returned that following Monday to meet with the partnering dentist, but was denied service. He stated that my dentist didn't leave instructions, therefore, he couldn't help me and to make another appointment with my original dentist when she returns into the country.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Tennessee
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The Dental Co. sent it to collections. That's the only filing that has ocurred to my knowledge.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This ordeal has been reported to the credit bureau. How can this be resolved?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

I am sorry to hear about this. What was their response when you told them they were charging you for a service not received?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They stated that they were aware of the servicing mistake, and they have the dental apparatus that I need to pay for. When I asked how could you order a bridge and a crown without properly fitting me for it, they just said, Well, you still will have to pay for it!

Thank you for the reply. Please allow me a moment

Contrary to what they said, you do not have to pay for services not rendered. In addition, if this is now with collections, you have a legal right to dispute the debt, if they call or send you notice. You can ask that they provide evidence of the treatment, service and product which they are charging you for, which you did not receive. Moreover, you can file a complaint with the Board, against the Doctor and the Office, if they are engaging in illegal practices. They also would need to correct this with the three bureau and if they refuse to and you sue them, you could go after them for damages. It is very odd that they are charging you for work not performed, which only should be billed when received.