Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I need to file a motion for a preexisting case and I don't

Customer Question

Hello, I need to file a motion for a preexisting case and I don't know where to start.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes a judgement was previously ordered. I am attempting to satisfy the judgement but received no response from the other party. I was told that I need to file a motion with the judge.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that it all. Thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What type of motion are you seeking to file? Please understand we are not a forms library, but we can endeavor to provide you a template of a motion but you would need to change it and make it for your needs and it can be provided only so you can use it to see what a motion looks like for formatting purposes.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is for a civil case.
Okay but what type of motion are you filing, what are you asking the court to do?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We are asking the court to either throw it out or take the payment that we are trying to make so that this can be resolved.
Thank you for your reply.

Here is a sample motion to compel, which is the request you need to make, but the sample is a motion to compel discovery (http://www.jpatricksuttonlaw.com/pleadings/files/motion%20to%20compel%2001-23-15%20FS.pdf). While the sample is for template as to form only, you would be asking the court to compel them to accept payment or to dismiss the judgment as a sanction for them refusing to accept the payment. You also have to say in your motion what you have done in good faith to try to resolve this issue and attach copies of any correspondence you have showing you have tried to pay and they refuse to accept or refuse to communicate.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank you.
Thank you for your reply.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.