Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I have a lien on property for unpaid taxes. Since the

Customer Question

I have a lien on property for unpaid taxes. Since the property value has decreased throughout the years and is paid in full what repercussions would I face if I choose not to act? Woould they simply confiscate the property which would be fine or is there other action that could be done. It is a vacant lot
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine. What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: A judgement filing for a municipal lien was received from Wayne County Pennsylvania
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If you have outstanding property taxes, then eventually the taxing authority will foreclose on the property in court and a judge will order that the property be sold for the back taxes.

.

But the taxes follow the property, not you personally, so they won't come after you personally for the liens, just the property. When it sells, any proceeds will be used to pay off the taxes and then the new owner will start out fresh.

.

.

thanks