LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

How can I get a girl friend who has been living with me in a

Customer Question

How can I get a girl friend who has been living with me in a house I rent, but who has become abusive and destructive of my property to leave? She is not on the lease but has been helping with the rent. She has damaged the house as well as my personal property, and I expect her to become more violent if I try to get her out.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 6 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

I am sorry to hear about what you are dealing with. In a situation like this, the easiest way right now would be to call the police and file a report and have her arrested and charged. I say this because if she is violent and and attacks you and is damaging your property, her actions are criminal. In addition, you can go to the court house and try and have an order of protection imposed against her, to keep her away. If ordered, she will need to leave the home. Of course, you could evict her and would need to proceed through he court civilly. That can take time, which is why the legal route with the police and the protection order, would be a lot quicker.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!