Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I accidentally thought my "case number" was my KTN Number

Customer Question

I accidentally thought my "case number" was my KTN Number and now can't find the correct KTN number. I have my husbands but not mine!
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Colorado
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no. I didn't realize my mistake until I was at the airport. The ticket person told me the number I had was a "redress#"
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no - just need the correct number so I can fix all my documents...dumb me!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

If you went though TSA Pre check, then it is easy to find out your KTN - simply click HERE and fill out the form.

If you used Global Entry, NEXUS, or SENTRI, or another system, click HERE to get your PASSID, which is your KTN.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.