Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I've been receiving my disability checks for approximately 8

Customer Question

Greetings,
I've been receiving my disability checks for approximately 8 1/2 years now. However, my checks for the most part haven't 'increased' all that much since they first begun. (My first in 2009 at $1,270, til present 2016 at $1,363.)
So I guess my main question is either 'how' or 'can i' recieve a more suitable (or perhaps even somewhat of a substantial 'raise' of some sort) after all these years?
Thanks,
Brad
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

It is quite strange that your benefit has not increased that much. If you were receiving the correct Cost-of-Living Adjustments, COLA, your benefit amount would be a bit higher than it is. See here for COLA percentages. You need to go to your local office of Social Security Administration and have a Claims Specialist review your record to see why you have not received the properly COLA for the past 81/2 years.

Goodluck with your case,