Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I asked about a business called Job Killing. They teach you

Customer Question

I asked about a business called Job Killing. They teach you how to create web pages and then 'rent them' to local businesses. I now know that there is a possibility or getting into legal trouble for misrepresentation.For example, if I were to create a generic web page called 'Best Electrician Eagan MN' and I were to rent it to 'Ben's Electric Service' and if Ben or one of his contractors burned a house down or robbed and murdered a family I could be pulled in to that legal issue.Or something less nefarious, if I did not include a disclaimer saying something like "This is a referral site for (a licensed business) I could get in trouble for misrepresenting myself as a licensed business. It seems to get murky.I had someone at The Attorney General's Office in MN write a letter to Job Killing, it was either in Oregon or El Dorado Hills, requesting a refund. I believe that even if the techniques are all 'squeaking by' they are definitely overcharging for their course.I see a fellow on YouTube from Idrivemediagroup who is posting negative stories and information about JK. He posts all sorts of videos claiming to show students who have lost money through JK. He claims he can either build websites for you and or teach you how to do this for $500 and if you don't make the $500 back in 30 days he claims he will give the money back.At this point I am kind of confused. The Attorney General has contacted (unless they have the wrong address I will check on Monday) JK but JK has apparently not responded. They certainly never emailed me or tried to contact me.What are your thoughts on this matter?
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

I may be a little confused. What would be misrepresented?