Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Im a married woman who has lived separate from my husband

Customer Question

hello im a married woman who has lived separate from my husband for a total of five years. we have a son together and I have been his primary care provider since day one. my husband does not yet know I want to file for deviorce bcause he is from Pakistan and im afraid he will try to take my son out of spite. my husband has not had anything to do with our son and I am wondering how can I go about retaining sole custody of our son
Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

It is certainly possible that your husband will try to take the child and leave the state or country if you were to file for divorce....and in order to combat that, you would have to file -- along with the divorce petition -- a motion for temporary custody and for a restraining order against him to prevent this from happening.