legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
63726236

I have three different questions on three different issues.

Customer Question

I have three different questions on three different issues. Is that alright?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: virginia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 month ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  legalgems replied 1 month ago.

Hello; what is your question please? Please keep in mind that each question needs to be posted in a new thread per the site rules.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1. Sprint is billing me a charge for my bad credit and I was not aware of it and wanted to know is this legal?
2. I have a son incarcerated and the items that are available to him are so much higher than prices normally. Is this legal?
3. I found out that FDA has approved legal testing of a drug on humans, which they did approved during 1960 that would help millions of people if it was available to the poor. Is this legal?
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 month ago.

Would you like me to address #1 while you open a new thread for #2 and #3? # 2 should be posted in criminal law; and #3 can be posted in the general legal category so they are accessible by the proper attorney.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
how do i open the threads for the other 2 answers. thanks
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 month ago.

You would post it in the new question box. I am an individual contributor so I don't have access to your account but you can contact customer service and they can walk you through it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will wait for answer #1 first. Thanks
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your patience as I looked into this. Apparently they were fined by the government for doing the similar thing late 2015.
One can do 2 things:
1. file a suit with the FTC and they will seek an injunctino preventing further such action:
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#&panel1-1

2. file a complaint in civil court to recover the overcharge fees paid. It is labeled a risk based prpicing rule, and it is unlawful. The court may also award punitive damages designed to punish defendant. Small claims is appropriate for cases under $5,000:

http://www.courts.state.va.us/resources/small_claims_court_procedures.pdf

Thank you for using Just Answer.
I hope the information I provided is useful. If you need further clarification please post here and I will reply as soon as I see it; otherwise, Kindly

-Rate Positively-

This does Not result in additional charges to the customer and allows the site to credit me for assisting you today.

Thank you and take care!

No attorney client relationship is created as this is general legal information, not advice; and a personal attorney should be hired if one wishes specific legal advice for their personal situation.

Expert:  legalgems replied 29 days ago.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answer.
Thanks!