Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I applied for unemployment and receive a letter strung of

Customer Question

I applied for unemployment and receive a letter strung of overpayment . Dec 2013 I received a letter my overpayment was satisfied. I receive a refund every time I made payments. I called because I couldn't understand why I was advised per IRS it was paid, I stated that could not be right and wanted to continue to make payments I was told I couldn't because I didn't owe anything. I advise the rep this is not right and I know it will come back in the future he stated I couldn't send any more payment they will be refunded. Now here I am today filing and I received a pre determination of my weekly amount and it would be offset because of an overpayment. What can I do?
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 28 days ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights / legal options that might potentially apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Based on my question, I would basically need to contact a lawyer?
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Basically would I still be required to pay the overpayment?