LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I live in Indiana, my cousin who the family suspects is a

Customer Question

I live in Indiana, my cousin who the family suspects is a paranoid schizophrenic that lives in Colorado has accused me of stealing things out of her moms nursing home room here in Indiana which I did not do. she says when she comes in shes going to press charges. I've never been arrested and I didn't do anything. what do I do if she does?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Indiana
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not to my knowledge. she just told another relative who told me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I don't think so thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

I certainly understand the situation and your concern. I am sorry to hear about you even having to deal with this. She can make all the allegations that she wants but there is going to need to be evidence and facts to support her claim. She saying she is going to go to the police and file charges, means nothing. She will have to show and explain what you stole and that it was even something in your moms possession. Moreover, why they think you took these alleged items. If there is no evidence to show and support the theft, the police are not going to take any action, since there is nothing which would allow them to even make an arrest and have you charged. Moreover, you and other relatives can speak and explain to the police, exactly what is happening and your belief about her and they can and will consider this, in the investigation .They will also speak with your mother and see what she has to say as well.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 29 days ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!