Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My husband and I were stopped for a routine traffic stop

Customer Question

my husband and I were stopped for a routine traffic stop then they brought out a dog and said there were drugs in the car, which were not. we were transported to the Maryland barraks and tole they weren't charging us with anything if we became confidential informants. they seized$42k from our car as we were leaving the casino. what r my rights? they searched my house and then let us go?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: maryland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no this happened this am
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: now they want us to go collect money from from friend and give it to them to build their case
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you about the situation you have described in your post?