Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

A restraining order has been placed on me from entering a

Customer Question

A restraining order has been placed on me from entering a hospital. The definition requiring said restraining order, doesn't apply to myself. I haven't stalked or harassed this woman. Don't the county police have to serve me with papers stating a restraining order has been placed on me and why?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: South Carolina, Beaufort County
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not that I know of. I went tonight to visit my significant order to bring dinner for the two of us and dessert. A woman a the front desk said his daughter has placed a restraining order against me. She is just being the spoiled brat she's always been and she's 40 now. She's just trying to spit me. Do I have any ways to have her prove why this restraining order was applied to me. My significant other of almost 23 yrs. is her Father and she has his power of attorney. He actions have caused me tremendous physical and mental duress. My weight is now below 100 lbs. I can't eat now as I'm so upset.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What's sad, the only reason she feels the way she does, is because her Father has lied about me, to her, for years. I have emails passed between the two of them from 2006. I just knew one day, I'd need them.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

When a complainant/petitioner gets an ex-parte restraining order, it must be served on you personally before it takes effect. Due process also affords you an opportunity to be heard in court to present evidence and try to lift that order.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I already looked up the question myself. Now I must find out how this person placed a restraining order on me entering a medical facility. Thanks, ***** ***** thanks. The police told me and I've not been served with papers, I won't pay for any late advice you've sent. MS Baldwin
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

I beg your pardon, but I sent an answer within seven minutes of your question. That it took you 17 hours to find it and read it, is not something I'm responsible for.

You don't have to pay for an answer on this site if you aren't satisfied with it. But at least have the courtesy not to post a reply blaming me for something I did not, in fact, do.

Enjoy your weekend.