Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Is it legal in Il. to block, using cones or barricades,

Customer Question

Is it legal in Il. to block, using cones or barricades, public streets
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet, residents are concerned street is being blocked each school day all day by a private school,
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Illinois
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: as far as I know state law is in play when there is no city ordinance is this correct?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
It is illegal to block the street with cones or barricades ONLY if they did not receive permission from the City/Town. If they applied to the city or town for permission to block the street, then the town where the street is located can give them that permission.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.