Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions
Good morning,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. Who are you---what is your part----in this entire mess?
2. When you say adopt---do you mean "adopt out"?
3. Who do you claim has legal ownership of the animal?
Hi,I just got off the phone with another customer and I am looking at your information now.
4. How did HALO get the dog back from your wife?
5. What reason did they give for taking the dog back?
6. Did your wife ever formally adopt this dog from HALO or was there perhaps a trial period or an agreement that ownership would come later. The fact is that ownership is the crux to your wife's ability to sue.
You wrote: There is a 30 day clause however HALO demanded the dog back the next day and then agreed (all verbally) to come back in two weeks ( they came in three ) after the dog had bonded with my wife
I don't understand what you are trying to say. What is the 30 day clause specifically?
I am troubled by your parenthetical insertion of the term "for cause" in your statement. As you might imagine, this is a contract issue and the use of specific words are critical to a legal analysis of that document. Is this "for cause" your words, or is this clearly set out on the agreement?
Hi,I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.Doug
I do not review contracts as part of the basic cost of answering a question. If you want to me to review the documents and call you to discuss the legal issues here I will do so. You will need to click on the "Call Me" button on the page for me to do this.