Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I have a problem for the last 5 years trying to get my

Customer Question

hello I have a problem for the last 5 years trying to get my drivers license back and I never received my certificate for my dui classes and the person that I was taking classes under now works at a different place and is telling me I would have to do the classes all over again I have my paperwork from when I did them but there in a friends storage shed and no ones been willing to help me.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: i live in Idaho on the border of Ontario ore
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: it was all filed threw the county but they would not give me a copy and i just keep getting the run around
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if i wasn't clear about where im having problems that would be Malheur county in Ontario ore,
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately, if the company you took the classes through will not give you/no longer has a copy of the certificate you earned 5 years ago, and your friend is not giving you access to the storage room where you believe your certificate might be, you've already been informed correctly. The easiest and least expensive way to solve your problem is to simply take the DUI classes again and move on with your life. It would take you at least just as long and cost you more money to go after your friend legally for access to his storeroom. And you're not going to be able to get something that your old instructor simply no longer has, no matter how many more years you try.

Take the classes and get your license. Then you can consult with a local civil lawyer to see if you have any kind of a viable case against those who would not help you to recover for the cost of the classes.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.