Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I want to make some adp paystubs to get an apartment i make

Customer Question

i want to make some adp paystubs to get an apartment i make the money i put on the paystubs dancing but i know no one will accept me when i tell them that. is it okay to make the pay stubs
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: maryland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i have not yet applied for any apartments by i have had them made but they are sitting in a closet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 30 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
It is illegal to make or fabricate ADP pay stubs for the purposes of gaining an apartment or anything else, it is considered forgery, since you are using them to gain an advantage. So, if it is discovered that you fabricated these pay stubs ever, you could be actually arrested and charged with forgery and you should not do anything that is going to possibly get you in trouble, because the landlords generally check employment with the employer, not just look at pay stubs and it is very easy for you to be discovered.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.