Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

Is the International Monetary Fund for ongoing grants a

Customer Question

Is the International Monetary Fund for ongoing grants a legitimate source?
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8 Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/expert-quality-process
Customer: Thank you
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ohio
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Oh, yes, I completed the International Monetary Fund application, but have not submitted the payment.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
To obtain the monetary fund, I am required to make a payment for delivery. Here is the cashier information to send the fee too below:
Name: ***** ***** State: Idaho City: Nampa Zip code: 83687
Expert:  Loren replied 29 days ago.
The IMF does not make grants to private individuals. If you have between contacted about obtaining an IMF grant and are required to pay an upfront fee then you are the target of a scam. Do not continue the correspondence. They are criminals trying to steal from you.
Expert:  Loren replied 29 days ago.
You can file a report online with the FBI at www.ic3.gov if you want.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I completed information, and now they are wanting me to split payment, sending to 2 different places. How do I protect myself from them using my information that I have submitted?
Expert:  Loren replied 29 days ago.
I attempted to accept your phone call request and received the following message:
"Payment for this service failed, please do not fulfill yet. We will attempt to reach this customer to fix the situation."
If you can resolve the problem (it is usually a matter of confirming with your bank or credit card that the charge is authorized) I look forward to speaking with you.
Otherwise, I am happy to continue online with you.
Expert:  Loren replied 29 days ago.
Use a service such as Lifelock to protect your credit since they have your personal info.
Expert:  Loren replied 29 days ago.
Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?
Expert:  Loren replied 29 days ago.
If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.
A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.
Thank you!