Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Is it legal to change an affidavit after it has been

Customer Question

Is it legal to change an affidavit after it has been submitted to the defendant?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

You could certainly raise this as a credibility issue and it shows legal inaccuracies.There is a real conflict and the charges may fail because of the factual inconsistencies.You have valid issues to raise in a motion to dismiss as a pretrial motion.It may be grounds for dismissing the charges by the court as the new document may lack credibility given the prior one and the inconsistencies between them both.You certainly want your lawyer to raise such a preliminary motion to dismiss.There is real lack of credibility in such a situation.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more.Thanks again.