How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 36125
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother lives in Wilmington Delaware. He is disabled and

Customer Question

My brother lives in Wilmington Delaware. He is disabled and his marriage is falling apart. They have been separated for 6 months but living in the same home. Can he leave without a negative impact on any divorce action in Delaware?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Delaware
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is it. He is in a bad situation and it is not getting any better
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Yes, of course, your brother is free to leave the marital home and it will not have any negative consequences to his divorce. In fact, very few people continue to live together after a separation and living in separate residence is the norm. He will not harm his divorce in the least by moving out now; and it will certainly be better for his mental health to get out of hat stressful environment too.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Related Legal Questions