Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was charged with ARS 13-1204.8e assault on a heath care

Customer Question

I was charged with ARS 13-1204.8e assault on a heath care provider when I was in a psychotic state while in an emergency room in Arizona. I am a resident of the state of Michigan. Would Arizona extradite me for this offense
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I was charged in Arizona and I am currently and was then a resident of the state of Michigan. I was in an emergency room in Arizona at the time of the alleged offense.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: A bench warrant has been issued for my arrest. I did not appear at the initial appearance because of my mental health issue and according to the state with which I was charged there is an exception for someone with a severe mental illness. An attorney tried to communicate with the prosecuting attorney's office with no response and my psychiatric provider wrote a letter to the prosecuting attorney telling her it was not possible for me to appear.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: All I can tell you is that this matter has caused me tremendous stress and my depression issues are very serious as as result. I need to clear my name. I'm 62 years old, have never assaulted anyone in my life and worked as a legal assistant for 33 years, 9 of which was for a federal judge.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you tell me, was this charged as a felony?