Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I need help with health insurance, e and o. health insurance

Customer Question

I need help with health insurance , e and o. health insurance we bought and were told our local clinic and hospital were covered and they were not.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: minnesota
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no , I just found out about this e and o
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes , we have many medical bills that should have been covered but are now considered out of net work
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you went through an agent and were told the policy you purchased would have coverage it did not end up having, ultimately you are liable to pay the hospital and clinic. However, if the agent was negligent and did not give you the coverage you specified to them, then you would need to file an errors and omissions claim against the agent and his insurer for his negligent handling of your policy purchase and misrepresenting the coverage. So you would have to sue the insurance agent if they did not provide you the proper policy.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.