Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Should I copyright my ebooks?

Customer Question

Should I copyright my ebooks?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

YES, you should copyright your ebooks to protect you from others taking your works and selling them or using your material. If you do not file for a copyright, you still have a common law copyright that is enforceable but only entitles you to very limited damages, which would be limited to the proceeds that the offending party made on your works. It costs only about $35 to copyright your books online at http://www.copyright.gov and registered copyright protection allows you to sue for up to $150,000 per violation and attorney's fees, so you get much more protection.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
excellent service as always.
Thank you for your reply.