Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

I need a business lawyer in Florida to help with a judgment

Customer Question

I need a business lawyer in Florida to help with a judgment we received as a default decision. Can it be disputed/removed at this time? The court date was 9/27/16,
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: By them yes, by me, no.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything other than I would like to protect my business reputation. This is the first incident if this nature and I am very concerned
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

Good morning and thanks for your using JUST ANSWER. I'm happy to assist you with your question, but first please tell me what the suit was filed for, the amount of the judgment and the type of court, i.e. small claims, or higher court. I have out of office meeting set today so I will be checking in from time to time. Thanks for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Adding files for explanation(s). I will be out of the office in meetings today as well but checking in often. Would like to have this vacated if possible. I have already offered the creditor $8000.00 to settle which they rejected.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

The default final judgment does not recite any jurisdictional grounds over either the plaintiff or defendant, which is unusual. They must have alleged that in the complaint. Can you send a copy of that? I'm looking into the Florida rules for relief from default, and I will get back a little bit later. Also, since this might be a little more complicated than the average question, I will offer the premium service that will permit direct telephone contact. There is an additional charge of $59 for that. So I will send the offer and it is up to you to accept or not.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will accept the offer; is this it?Want to switch to a live phone call?
If you prefer, we can talk live on the phone to make it easier to get all the help you need and ask follow-up questions.
Amount: $59
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was concerned about the jurisdiction too as I am in IL and the plaintiff is in PR. I just let this one get by me...thanks for the help.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

Yes it is. I have to submit an Answer first, before the live phone call can be offered. THis will be the answer here and then I'll start the phone call. I see that there may be a delay in processing your payment.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Payment information updated
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

THere seems to be a problem with the payment. You may want to call JA customer service about it: (###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 28 days ago.

Hello again. I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.