Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

Can I sue uber for for wrongful termination if they

Customer Question

Can I sue uber for for wrongful termination if they deactivate me for canceling rides when they don't separate "rides passengers cancel" and use them as grounds for termination. I want to work i want to make money driving I enjoy it but they've threatened and terminated me due to "canceling too many rides" when they don't take into consideration passengers cancel 75% of the cancelations.
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Unfortunately, Ohio is an “at-will” employment state. This means that most employers may fire (terminate) or discipline an employee for any reason at any time, including a bad reason or no reason at all. The only employees who are not “at-will” are certain government employees, those who have employment contracts, and those who belong to a union with a collective bargaining agreement.

As a result, even if they are completely wrong in their determination, they are still permitted to terminate you. Your only real avenue to deal with this is to contact Uber directly and explain the situation outside of the court system.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.