Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

I am seeking a civil rights lawyer that represents clients

Customer Question

I am seeking a civil rights lawyer that represents clients in the State of Louisiana. What site may I go to in order to reach more attorney's?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, none other than it being reported to the company and them talking to me for months going back and forth.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was sexually harassed and discriminated against by first being banned for 30 days because he did not want me to speak to any one else. I spoke to Guest Relations Manager and he then retaliated and banned me for one year saying I had to write him a letter. I received this by certified mail. The company is Evangeline Downs Boyd Gaming. I reported it to Boyd Gaming and he was removed from his position. Also, there was a lot going on there illegal stuff and I could prove it with evidence. He banned me.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Louisiana. I was an Emerald Card Player. I have an audio because a top executive kept telling me the General Manager that ran the Casino had an X on my back. The attorney for Boyd said she was sorry what happened and his sexual stares and advances . But, I needed a lawyer. I was being followed . I was scared and sick and decided I have to fight back.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

You can go to sites like avvo.com who can help you find lawyers in your area who specialize in employment discrimination cases.

Also, you can file a complaint with the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Generally, you are required to do so before filing a lawsuit and you must do so within 180 days of the last harrassment act.

You should go to the following website to help you file a charge with the EEOC: https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/howtofile.cfm. After you file, the EEOC will investigate the complaint on your behalf and could possibly award you compensatory and punitive damages.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was a player at the Casino and not an Employee. Therefore, do I file with EEOC. What if it's late ?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The company office connected me with their attorney. The company office said I could not file with EEOC because it was not a work situation.
Oh ok. EEOC would not be appropriate then. You would have to sue in a court setting. Going to avvo.com to find a local sexual harassment lawyer in your area would be your best option.