How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in los angeles in rent control apartment and the

Customer Question

hello, i live in los angeles in rent control apartment and the building has just been sold they gave us a 90 day notice to relocate
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: california
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: what do you mean?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: filed or reported meaning whats/
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

What reasons did the landlord give for asking you to leave? How many people are living in the property? Are any of them children, over 62 years old, or disabled?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no valid reason. the management company that just bought the building is planning to buy everyone out, remodel the apartments and jack up the rent.
Im the only one living here and it's a studio in silver lake
Im 37 years old and not disabled
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you can try to charge the card again
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Okay. Do you see a red "Call me" button?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry. I asked customer service to contact you to get this resolved. If you still haven't heard from anyone, try calling 1(###) ###-#### Experts don't have the ability to process customer payments.