Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Can a debt collector sue me if I am on welfare? colorado....

Customer Question

can a debt collector sue me if I am on welfare ?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: colorado.... for one month i wasn't on medicaid my husband went to the ER and will have a 3,000 bill and we can't afford the 300 payments they are asking.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: they have filed compliant under civil procedure and if i don't answer they will garnish my husband check.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have typed up my answer and wanted to state that the debt collect lawyer is in violation of Fair Debt Collection Protection Act, breach of The duty of good faith and fair dealing.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Is this just your debt or is this debt something that your husband signed on to as well? Thanks.