How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrakeLAW Your Own Question
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 690
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
Type Your Legal Question Here...
DrakeLAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I set aside a judgment issued by a judge in a motion,

Customer Question

How do I set aside a judgment issued by a judge in a motion
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: illinois
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes, it has been filed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Client owned real property for 20 years, title was not recorded a
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 6 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 6 months ago.

The short answer is that you file a Motion to Set Aside Judgment. There is a rule that governs the circumstances when this can be done. I can help find that rule for your jurisdiction if you like. Which court is the judgment entered in?