Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

Tenant moved all but his storage unit property the end of

Customer Question

Tenant moved all but his storage unit property the end of September and now it is November. Have politely asked over 4 times to remove it. What can I do to clear this space for new tenant? Jim
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, just texted messages back and forth.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How do I get these things out of the building and stay legal?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Good morning. At this point, what you will need to do is give the tenant a written notice to remove his possessions on or before a certain specified date. Let him know if he fails to remove it, you will dispose of it. If you need to rent the place in the interim, you can remove the possessions to a storage facility elsewhere at the cost of the tenant. If you do so, you want to include that in your written notice to the tenant.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (hopefully Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!