alex reese
alex reese, Attorney
Experience:  BS, MS, JD
14461494

I payed over 1100 dollars for a california attorney to

Customer Question

Hello, I payed over 1100 dollars for a california attorney to perform the trademark process for a small business that I've started. He says he was able to process it after a couple weeks and revisions m however, I am not able to reach or contact him. He doesn't respond to emails, phone calls, or text messages. I understand tgemat the process may take a while however I need help with other matters. For example, what I'm supposed to stay on top of when if comes to small businesses and taxes. Or eve if I need to change my EIN from general partnership to corporation. I need guidance as soon possible.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  alex reese replied 1 month ago.

hello

do you have a trademark or other IP law question?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello, What things should I be on top of when I start a small business. I creat e a clothing company this year and I'm worri s about my EIN and the things I need to take care of for my taxes. Also, how do I prevent people from stealing my art work/designs.

You should put a copyright symbol at the bottom of each of your artworks/designs along with the date and/or name of copyright owner (and at bottom of each page of your website). If there is a particular design/artwork that is important or you think may be copied then you should register the copyright on it, which can be done at www.copyright.gov (about $40 per registration). This is the IP law section so I cannot answer questions on other topics like small business/ EIN etc.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The topic on the EIN and small business is my biggest and main issue
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Is there a way you can send me to another lawyer