Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I live in Montgomery County, PA and going thru a no fault

Customer Question

I live in Montgomery County, PA and going thru a no fault divorce. However, I had a motorcycle accident in 2013 & suffered a traumatic brain injury so the court just appointed me a plenary guardian. I don't feel I'm in need of a guardian so I am appealing the courts decision and have been granted a review hearing. My question is, while I'm waiting for the review hearing, how do I stop the court appointed guardian's decisions and/or actions to sell off my assets in the meantime? What, if any, forms do I use to stop such actions and what division of the court do I file them with? Any help and/or advice you could give me is desperately needed and greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to have your doctor write a report explaining how you are mentally competent and able to manage your affairs without any guardian and you need to attach medical records supporting that. There are no cookbook pre printed forms for this, these objections to the guardian appointment are written from scratch and you need to file an objection to appointment of guardian and stay of appointment, in your objection you need to explain why you do not require such a guardian and attach your medical reports and doctor's letter and ask the court to stay (stop) the appointment until the court hears the objection.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.