Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I live in Essexville, Michigan. I have Catholic Family

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** I live in Essexville, Michigan. I have Catholic Family service as my conservator. I am an 80 year old women who lives a lone and is in very good health I had a 09 Buck Lacross of which they were making the payments and also the insurance. then I got a letter from their attorney telling me that they were taking my car because of not having enough money. Now my question is why did they not call me a month or so before that telling me that there was a financial problem so that ,my family and I could have worked something out . Nos I have to use the public transportation to get around. I am not able to get to church on sunday where I sing in the choir which I have done for years. We have practice on Wednesday night which I have no way to get there. I had been getting $100 a week. 75 in a grocery card FOR GAS AND FOOD. Then I got a check for 25 for personal needs. SoIhave ask tohave the money for the food for 50 dollaras and a check for $50 of other expenses. So today I got a check for $33 and a grocery card for $40. Well my question is when they are saving over $500 a month why are they giving me less money for my needs. It costs me over ten dollars a week to do 3 loads of clothes. I have an appointment this week to get a hair cut which costs $15.00. I belong to a REd Hat group and I need to pay my dues of $15.00. If I donot do this I will not be able Iwas told in c to go to the Christmas party. I am a very active person for my age.They told me in court that they did not trust me to have a car. Well Ihave a perfect driving record and I ONLY DRIVE AROUND TOWN. I think they just want me to set in my chair and rot. I call this Elder abuse. Ihope you can read this. Again my name is***** my phone number is(###) ###-#### I would like to get a hold of the attorney that is here in Bay City and talk to her to see what they think. about all of this. I do have an attorney for getting out of this mess. We go to court December 13th. I have to free of these people. Sincerely ***** *****
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I live in Michigan
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I think I have covered everything
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

But first, please tell me what your question is. Also why are you going to court? Who are "these people?"

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see if you still need help. If so, please reply here on this question thread.