Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

In Ohio can I be charged for avoiding a reposession of,my

Customer Question

In Ohio can I be charged for avoiding a reposession of,my vehicle...I left before vehicle was towed today a local,cop calls my girlfriend and says if I don't come in by Tom at 11 to receive citations then a warrant will be issued
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Yes. It is illegal to hide a vehicle from the auto finance company or to intentionally avoid repossession when the auto loan is delinquent, so it is generally a good idea to surrender the vehicle, is the loan cannot be repaid or payment arrangements cannot be made to keep the vehicle.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and good luck!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm in process of chapter 13 and it will be filled Tom my attorney told me to a valid at all costs, does this change anythng
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How much will this cost me to have you call I'm having the worst 2 days of my life
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can I get an answer to the last questions I can't afford the call

Thank you for your follow up.

I do not offer phone calls for JustAnswer.com customers, but you can request such additional services from other JustAnswer.com legal professionals.

Until, bankruptcy is filed, it is illegal to avoid creditors who has a lien on a vehicle, but of course you should follow your local attorney's advice.

I wish you the best of luck!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Alex I guess you didn't get my final question , is my avoiding the repo company the sAme as avoiding the finance company? I didn't know my car was going to be repoed, I told the finance company I was working with an attorney to get the matter settled and taken care o
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for your info, what can the local police charge me with when they don't show up for a good 20minutes after all this happened and the two truck had a lt bull running around

Thank you for your follow up.

Can you describe as to what happened when finance company tried to repossess the vehicle?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
They aalmost backed up over some children trick or treating....and before he could get the towing apparatus under the car I jumped in , started it and pulled it into the back yard....it's a dodge ram pulled into the bAck yard and left via another street.....the driver called the police I'm told 20 minutes later.....my girlfriend refused to answer any questions...the next day I fled chapter 13......the cop that responded called my girlfriend and said if I don't come to see him to receive a couple citations by 11 tonight I would have a warrant for my arrest.....I haven't broken any laws that I'm aware of..and my bankruptcy lawyer said he's never heard of any reason why they could me with anything when the driver was disturbing the peace...be also tried to to hook the rear end to with the tow bar causing some damage....

Thank you for your follow up.

Have you been arrested or questioned by law enforcement yet?

Do you know if an arrest warrant had been issued?

Why are you delinquent on the loan and how many months are you behind?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Haven't heard a thing from law enforcement.., and they know my number or could surely look it up....they called my girlfriend only and said if I showed up to receive a few violations, citations....then I would go home no incident, but if didn't show then I would then have a warrant for my arrest....but never said what I would be charged with to her....should i call the dept and ask what this is all about??....u.

Thank you for your follow up.

Did the police explain or mention for the citations will be for?

Did the police officer said that warrant would be issued by 11am or 11pm?