Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Petitioners are not profressional caretakers and are not

Customer Question

Petitioners are not profressional caretakers and are not receiving any compensation for services as a guardian to more than one ward who is not related to petitioner by blood or marraigel
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Nevada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: this statement is in the guardianship paper for an elderly man. My neighbor wants to get paid for his time he has dedicated to his brother(ward) and he is not a guardian
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your neighbor is not entitled to payment for any services absent some written agreement to pay for taking care of him. Under NV law, any payment to anyone for such services must be based on agreement of the parties. So if there was no agreement of the brother to pay for him to help care for him, the courts will not only not order payment, but will order the person removed from his care and placed in a facility under legal guardianship.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.