Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was buying a house I was told I had to have 5000 for good

Customer Question

I was buying a house I was told I had to have 5000 for good faith I Question it and I was told by the realtor that I would get my money back when she gave me the keys to the house I said ok. Oct 14th the broker and his best friend the realtor call and ask me to come in the office. my sister and came with me. I had bought a new washer and dryer for the house and I all ready paid for the inspection. when my sister came in the told us to to into another room and the would be back shortly. that was about 45min. They set down and looked at me that the va said I was not eligible for the loan. I told them they should of told me from the start when I walked in the loan office not when I was to move in. I'm was told I had to go to a realty board and I 'm going to loose my 5ooo. So I gave 5ooo. and paid for the inspection for a place I not buy. The Boss is a prior army person and he made it clare to me he never looses. any way you can help. I'm so lost and hurt. I don't know what to do??????
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Can you tell me what state this is in?

.

1. Was there a financing contingency in the purchase contract that gives you a right to terminate if you can't get financed?

.

2. Did you notify them that you were applying for a VA loan?

.

3. Why were you denied the VA loan?

.

4. Have you tried to obtain other financing from a conventional bank?

.

5. What state is this in?

.

6. What reason are they giving for keeping your money and not refunding it to you?

.

.

thanks