Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

I am a resident of Columbus Ohio My mother has an account in

Customer Question

Hello. I am a resident of Columbus Ohio My mother has an account in Miami, Florida She is currently with me in Ohio
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: we need to do a financial power of attorney
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: financial power of attorney needs to be done by an accountant in Florida but we are in Columbus, Ohio
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

You can easily handle this yourself without a lawyer. Florida has very specific rules regarding POA's to be effective in Florida. But, the Florida State Bar has a template available that will satisfy the Florida statute. You can access this form at this link: https://www.floridabar.org/TFB/TFBResources.nsf/Attachments/03C771C7FD5B863E8525802800718227/$FILE/Example%20of%20a%20Durable%20Power%20of%20Attorney%20form.pdf?OpenElement

It can be signed by your mother in Ohio and still be effective legally in Florida.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (hopefully Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!