Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I was on earlier with the question regarding a lady that hit

Customer Question

i was on earlier with the question regarding a lady that hit my car 33 years ago and want to pay. you were going to transfer me to make the payment but I had to go to another class. can you transfer me now
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: pennsylvania
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes it was filed in 1987 the case was awarded to me and she wants to pay now she mentioned that she has to pay interest. What is the interest?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to have her give you her promise to pay in writing first off. As far as interest, the current post judgment interest rate in PA is 6% per year from the date of the judgment. To calculate the post judgment interest you can use a free calculator at https://www.judgmentmarketplace.com/tools/calculator. You only need to enter the judgment amount and date of judgment and select your jurisdiction and it will make the calculations for you.