Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am a Fiduciary for disabled vets, having been so appointed

Customer Question

I am a Fiduciary for disabled vets, having been so appointed by the Department of Veterans Affairs. However, I cannot get banks or many other companies to acknowledge this appointment. Any suggestions?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am located in Arkansas, but some of my vets are in Kansas, Tennessee and Missouri, depending on where they move to after I was appointed.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No we get a letter from the VA, with the necessary information to open an account to receive the VA funds. Then we are to contact who necessary to be able to have address changes, so we can pay the bills, if that is what is required. We also from time to time must contact national bank chains which are the hardest to deal with along with utility companies.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well, I just want some statute to show that this Fiduciary relationship is the same as a Guardian. A quotes Arkansas Statues would suffice.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What document do you have from the DVA? Do you have a notarized power of attorney for each one of them?
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.