Oct 31 I asked to question Dwayne B about recommending lawyer in our area. Law Educator, Esq. wrote they could not help find a qualified lawyer but charged me which did not answer question. I would like to question Dwayne B as he has been most helpful:
1. We contacted our lawyer asking where he stood as he was supporting the Ninevah Foundation and not us. He did not reply.Asked to have Dwayne B to help us find a qualified lawyer in our area as he suggested our problems were with our lawyer and we agreed. Law Educator, Esq. answered you did not help find lawyers but charged me for question. We would like to question Dwayne B since he could not answer that question:
1. We found new surveyor and Ninevah Foundation had survey our neighbor's property in 2004 and used the wrong pin to measure the property. Our old surveyor used that pin to measure ours which had our land on opposite side of brook, which we never owned, and short on north side that Foundation own and claimed we encroached. That is why we never had it stamped. This changed our survey. Our surveyor called lawyer twice saying new information had changed everything and asked him to return his calls which he never did.
2. We wrote lawyer twice and called asking him where he stood and he never answered us either.
3. We finally called and he said it would be better to part ways after $17,000 and leaving us in a big mess and never going to court to prove we owned the land as originally asked.
4. We have talked to town clerk who has stated we can correct a deed if we have proof it is not correct. The buyers only recorded 70 foot water front in 1958. They added a southeast measure from the waterfront to road and a measurement from north to south on main road which is 5 feet short of the post they put it. They had no measurement from North Lake Front westerly to road. The town changed acreage and measurements and wording 3 times and state they have no records. We would like to claim the 5' which goes along the road and narrows into a small triangle about 5 or 6' to north waterfront as adverse possession. Vermont has a 15 year possession law and we have spent a lot of money building a small retaining wall we will have to take down. We will also have to move our shed or cut a 5' foot triangle off. That was our original plan before contacting Foundation which our lawyer did not do, If we owned land they had no case. Foundation claims we have to continue law suit our lawyer filed.
We are searching cautiously for new lawyer. Also I have done extensive research in town records and Foundation Records and have proof of some very shady and illegal transactions by the public charity, non-profit, tax-free Foundation. I live in New York and don't know if the Attorney General
would investigate as I do not vote there.
Appreciate any advice you can give me. Thanks *****