Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I live in. A close friend of mine during a party used

Customer Question

I live in Virginia. A close friend of mine during a party used tannerite for recreational use only. It was at a party and he informed all to move away, therefore no malice was intended. I was not there, so I do not know all of the details just that he didn't use an accelerant to activate the tannerite. Later on two other people with the use of gasoline set off two separate sets of tannerite. They all three have been through the arrest process and awaiting court. My question is, the first did not use any accelerant to set the tannerite off but the others did, will/should he be charged with the same felony violation? If so why? is there a code for this if so where. Any help would be appreciated. This guy is not a trouble maker and is only 20, I would hate to see this on his permeant record. Thanks you. ***@******.***
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: It is in Henry County, VA. All I know is it is a felony not sure if they have classified it yet.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Oh yes, They have been to court, but was postponed. Not sure why, I was out of town when this happened.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a way to either get it dropped totally for the first guy or at least dropped to a lesser charge?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 month ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  legalgems replied 1 month ago.

To be clear, you don't know which penal code the person was charged with?